Handling your house removals like a pro requires careful planning and preparation. From creating a customized checklist to de-cluttering your house in advance and packing as soon as possible. These steps will help you streamline the process of how to handle your house removals like a pro and make your move a success.
It’s also essential to bring the right size of boxes and pack fragile items with care to ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home in the same condition they left in. By disassembling large furniture and labelling your boxes, you can simplify the unpacking process and get settled into your new home as quickly as possible.
How To Handle Your House Removals Like A Pro?
By following the below tips on how to handle your house removals like a pro. You can make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible.
1. Create A Customised Checklist
A customised checklist is the foundation of a successful move. Start by listing out all the tasks involved in the moving process, including packing, transporting, and unpacking. Make sure to include deadlines for each task, so you stay on track. This will help you keep track of everything and ensure nothing is missed. Additionally, it’s a good idea to assign tasks to different family members. If you don’t want to do it by yourself, hire a moving company to help you out.
2. De-Clutter Your House In Advance
Moving is the perfect opportunity to get rid of items you no longer need or use. This will not only make the moving process more efficient, but it will also reduce the number of items you need to pack and move. Start by going through each room and determining which items you no longer need. Donate, sell or dispose of these items, so you only bring what you really need to your new home.
3. Start Packing ASAP
Don’t wait until the last minute to start packing. The earlier you start, the less stressful the process will be. Start by packing items you no longer need or use, such as seasonal clothing, or items you won’t need until you are settled in your new home, such as kitchen utensils. Pack one room at a time, so you don’t get overwhelmed.
4. Bring The Right Size Of Boxes
Bringing the right size of boxes is crucial when it comes to packing and moving your belongings. Boxes that are too small will make it difficult to fit your items. While boxes that are too big will be unwieldy and difficult to carry. To handle your home removals like a pro, it is important to choose boxes of the appropriate size.
- Heavy items: Such as books, kitchenware, and small appliances, use smaller boxes (18 x 18 x 16 inches) that are easier to carry and stack.
- Lighter items: Such as linens, clothing, and curtains, use larger boxes (24 x 18 x 18 inches) that can accommodate more items.
- Delicate and fragile items: Such as dishes, glassware, and electronics, use specialty boxes or foam padding for extra protection.
It’s also a good idea to clearly label each box with the contents and room it belongs to so that it can be easily unpacked and placed in the right room in your new home. By bringing the right size of boxes and labelling them appropriately, you can streamline the packing process and make your move a success.
5. Pack Fragile Items With Care
When it comes to packing fragile items, it’s essential to handle them with care to avoid any damage during the move. Here are some tips on how to pack fragile items with care:
- Use proper packing materials: Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or foam padding to protect them from bumps and scratches. Make sure to fill any empty spaces in the box with crumpled paper or foam peanuts to prevent items from shifting during transit.
- Label boxes clearly: Label boxes that contain fragile items as “FRAGILE” and mark the top and sides of the box so movers can handle it with extra care.
- Pack heavy items at the bottom: Place heavier items, such as books, at the bottom of the box and lighter items on top. This will help distribute weight evenly and reduce the risk of damage.
- Keep items separate: Wrap each fragile item individually, rather than packing them together in the same box. This will reduce the risk of damage and make it easier to locate specific items.
- Use dish barrel boxes: For dishes and glassware, use dish barrel boxes that are specifically designed to protect fragile items during a move. Make sure to wrap each item individually and place padding between the items and the sides of the box.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your fragile items are packed with care and arrive at your new home in one piece.
6. Disassemble Large Furniture
Disassembling large furniture, such as beds and desks, will make them easier to move and transport. Make sure to keep all the screws and hardware in a labelled bag. Attach it to the furniture piece, so you don’t lose them. This will also make it easier to reassemble the furniture in your new place.
7. Label Your Boxes
Label each box with its contents and the room it belongs to. It will make it easier to unpack and organize your new home. Additionally, it’s a good idea to use different coloured labels for each room, so you can easily identify which box belongs in which room.
In conclusion, the answer to “how to handle your house removals like a pro?” requires deep planning and organization. You can make the moving process efficient, and stress-free and ensure safe transport of all items to your new home by following these 7 tips. Remember to start early, de-clutter, and bring the right size of boxes. Pack fragile items with care, disassemble large items, label boxes clearly, and have a plan for unpacking. Or simply ease the packaging and removal process by calling in the best movers near you.